Time Initiative of Maine Terms of Service
I agree to follow the Core Values of T.I.ME in my daily interactions to the best of my ability:
Assets: “We are all assets. Everyone has something to offer.” I will recognize all members for the assets they will pay forward. I will honor recipients of my services by duly recording each exchange when I help. In this way, I work to restore their dignity in the asking. I will act as a job creator by asking for help, helping others reveal their hidden assets.
Redefining Work: “Building home, family and community is valued work. Some work is beyond price.” I will seek to discover, describe, and honor Good Work, work often taken for granted.
Reciprocity: “Encouraging givers to receive – and receivers to give – builds trust and resiliency in sharing. Giving works better in circles.” I will strive to continue the circle of giving and to keep credits circulating. I will try to balance giving and receiving in my account and remain an active participant to help the timebank grow.
Respect: “Respect is the root of equality.” I will respect the time of other members, acting in a neighborly manner. I will monitor my account and seek exchanges as my schedule allows. I will share unresolved conflicts with coordinators and will respect the leadership of the Timebank to guide my actions; I will abide by their decisions. When unable to monitor my messages for more than a week, I will endeavor to contact a coordinator to be placed “inactive” (i.e., vacations, job change, etc.).
Community: “We are stronger together.” I recognize the interdependence of my community and the importance of a strong social network. I will do my part to help the network grow and thrive according to my skills and capacities. I will not take actions or work with third parties to hurt, weaken or disparage the TIME network, but will contribute my time to strengthen and help TIME thrive.
As a member of T.I.ME, I understand that T.I.ME does not guarantee or warrantee the availability, fitness, safety or the quality of work of any of its members.
I will try to the best of my ability to:
- Be polite and helpful, but clear about the amount of the services requested I can provide
- Perform quality services to the best of my ability
- Perform my services in a safe and careful manner
- Never demand services from others
- Refrain from using the Timebank to impose my personal, religious, or political beliefs on others
As a member of T.I.ME, I consent to the following actions:
- T.I.ME may release relevant information concerning my ability and fitness to work to those seeking to utilize my services.
- I further give T.I.ME permission to take and use my photo for community outreach and publicity; if I choose not to allow my photo to be used I will put my request in writing.
- I have no felony convictions or lesser convictions stemming from a felony charge, or, will disclose all relevant information to TIME leaders. I consent to background checks as necessary, and my failure to disclose information may result in my immediate dismissal from TIME.